We collect certain information that you provide to us when you use our Services, such as when you create an account or post information through our Services. We collect information like: your name, picture, email address, phone number, your gender, birthday/age group, and zip code/location. If you create your account using your login from a Social Network Site, we will access and collect the information that your privacy settings on that Social Network Site permits us to access so that we can create your account for you. We can also collect the contact information of your friends; if you choose to connect your contacts and address book information with your account, so that you can connect with your friends when you use our Services.
We also automatically collect certain information when you use our Services, like the Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site, your location (if you enable this feature), and a device identifier (if using a mobile device). You can enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time, through your browser or mobile device settings. We also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies". A cookie is a small data file that your browser places on your computer that helps us better understand how you interact with and use our Sites. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
We use the information we collect for the purposes described below:
• to provide our Services and related services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
• to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
• to personalize and improve our Services and your experiences when you use our Services;
• to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our Services;
• to monitor and analyse usage and trends of our Services and our Sites,
• to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Services;
• to send you advertisements tailored to your interests;
• to find and connect with your friends (when instructed by you);
• to interact with and use our Services with your friends ; and
• for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
• when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
• with certain Social Network Sites, if you allow such sharing;
• with your friends with whom you want to connect with, and according to the preferences set in your account;
• with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our Services and our Sites (these service providers may have access to your personal information but only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose that information or use it for any other purposes);
• when we believe that we are legally authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
• in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where user information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
• for usage analytics to help us better understand who is using our Services and how; • to improve the relevancy of the ads you see on our Services and to tailor then to your interests; and • for industry analysis, demographic profiling, research, analysis and other similar purposes.
The information provided by you shall be used to contact you when necessary. For more details about the nature of such communications, please refer to out Terms of Service. We use your tracking information to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information. The information is also used to customise your experience of using HighAvenue.
We may release your Personal Information to a third-party in order comply with a Court Order or other similar legal procedure, or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law; prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss; or investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of Our Terms. In case we are acquired by or merged with another company, we shall transfer information disclosed by you and information about you to the company we are acquired by or merge with.
The information made available by Users, including without limitation, details relating to any post / Purchase, profile information, and verified data, is displayed to other Users and Third Party Platforms and vice versa. The information collected from Third Party Platforms is displayed on the Application to enable a User to make Purchases of their choice.
The Application may include offers from our vendors, advertisements, and hyperlinks to other websites, applications, content or resources. Specifically, the Application contains hyperlinks to the Third Party Platforms relevant to the Purchase, including hyperlinks to such Third Party Platform’s product catalogue, as made available to us. We have no control over such Third Party generated data present in the Application, which are provided by persons other than us.
You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of your Personal Information by any external sites, applications, companies or persons, nor are do We endorse any advertising, products or other material on or available from such external application, websites or resources.
Further, You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of your Personal Information by any Third Party Platforms, their service providers, their employees, agents, officers, directors or affiliates, nor do we endorse any advertising, products or other material on or available from their external websites or resources.
We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, however, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. In the event that your personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will promptly notify you if your personal information has been compromised as required by applicable law.
Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your country or jurisdiction. If you are located outside India and choose to provide information to us, we may transfer your personal information to India (or any other country where we operate) and processes it there. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
This document was last updated on June 20, 2018.